Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Up Close

I really like the way some people think. In my quiet time this morning I was reading some stuff from Ed Stetzer, President of Lifeway Research. He gets it!

"You cannot talk to people when you keep them at arms length, let alone show them how much God loves them. Real evangelism is done up close-life on life. Too many of us forget that holiness is avoiding sin, not avoiding sinners. Instead of being consumed with righteous behavior and the ability to recite an evangelistic outline perfectly, we need to spend more time walking with unbelievers as friends and not prospects."

I want to surround myself today with people who think like that. Rather than wondering what I can get from them, I want to wonder what I might give them. How I might add to their lives. There is an old saying that goes: "People do not care how much you know until they know how much you care" I am thankful for the people that I am privileged to rub shoulders with today.

No comments: