Thursday, August 6, 2009

What it takes to get it done

I have been thinking about identifying our circles, drains, resources and refreshments this week. Once we have located what things take us in circles instead of moving us forward and what things are draining our energy, we need to move into the mode of resource inventory. I often find that the very things I need to be efficient are already in my supply closet. It was there all the time but I wasn't looking for it and thus, missed it.

Bill Watterson, Author of Calvin and Hobbs said it this way:

“. . . it's worth recognizing that there is no such thing as an overnight success. You will do well to cultivate the resources in yourself that bring you happiness outside of success or failure. The truth is, most of us discover where we are headed when we arrive. At that time, we turn around and say, yes, this is obviously where I was going all along. It's a good idea to try to enjoy the scenery on the detours, because you'll probably take a few.”

Every time I really look at what resources I have at my disposal, I get surprised. There are some key things that I totally forgot I had. I need to network with people who will remind me of what is already in place. I have what it takes to get it done today.

“The greatest achievement of the human spirit is to live up to one's opportunities and make the most of one's resources.”
-Vauvenargues, Marquis de quotes

No comments: